top of page
  • Writer's pictureGVHeritage Group

Baptist Mills

As we followed the path of the Frome as it arrives into Bristol from Eastville Park, along the M32 to the unassuming Junction 3 we came across the tales of Baptist Mills.

Baptist Mills got its name from the mills that once stood there on the site (where the new colourful buildings have now been built between St Paul's and Stapleton Road.  Here there was a grist (flour) mill whic was recorded in the area in a document written in 1470, and again in 1610, when they are marked on Chester and Master's Map of Kingswood.

Baptist Mills turns out to be important for the histories of both the Frome and the Avon where it runs past Troopers Hill at the end of the Feeder Canal.


bottom of page